Friday, January 19, 2007

January 19, 2007

Restless Night ~

Which made a perfect time to think and reflect. I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones or what, but I have to admit this. I have not been real nice to my stepdaughter lately. I don't know why. She's 9 and for the most part is a good kid.. We have had our issues..lying, taking snacks without asking, talking back, and especially to her father ~ being disrespectful.
I know she's having issues at home, apparently her Mom and stepdad are not getting along again. Some of the story I believe , but she makes things up and embellishes things so the jury is still out. I keep telling my husband not to believe all the kid says.
I am trying hard to instill in her some kind of values. I am afraid that she will grow up to be this spoiled, self absorbed person. Is this just kid behavior she will outgrow or a product of her enviroment at home? She is spoiled at home and has no real responsibilities at home. When she does not do homework, her Mom will let her do it in the morning before school, She constantly looses or leaves things behind. Am I asking too much of an almost 10 year old??

SO my question is, How do I fix it?? I Love her like she is my own. I'm just afraid that it's not good enough.

No comments: