Thursday, September 27, 2007

Broken hearts

I have been a slacker lately!! LOL
I have been meaning to post but Emilee takes up a lot of my time at night..she gets a little restless when she does not take a nap during the afternoon. Today she did, YEAH!!!
I ran into my ex fiance last night. We were at the firehouse picking up DH's truck and of course they were having a meeting. The friend who fixed it was talking to my hubby when he came out. I felt rude not to stop and talk to him so I did. I introduced him to Emilee, he thought it was faith..I was like no I have two now!! LOL.
we talked about his wife and how sick she has been. She has bone cancer and it looked as though she was going to loose the fight. God works in mysterious ways and she is now in remission. She had a stem cell transplant and is slowly getting her strength back. He told me after the transplant he went into respitory failure and had to have a trachea in. She has been so much and through all this she has been trying to be mother to a small child. Their daughter was an infant when she was diagnosed. I pray that God continues to heal her. No child should ever have to grow up without their mommy. I don't know what Chuck would do without her.
I am glad I got to see him. I have been thinking about him and wondering how he's been. I really do miss our friendship. That was the hardest part of breaking our engagement off. I broke his heart, something he told me last night...I know I did. It broke my heart that I had to do it, but like I told him last night if we got married we would have ended up divorced because I wouldnt have been happy.. But through all that I learned what true love is and to appreciate it that much more..Lessons Learned.

No comments: