Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Two Weeks!



Time flies when you are caring for a precious newborn! She is doing well. We had a minor set back this week. She has been projectile vomiting her whole feeding. Not all the time, but enough to cause some concern. We took her to her first doctor's appointment yesterday and told the doctor about it. He thinks she has reflux, which is what I thought, she is very hard to burp even on the soy formula and also seems to sometimes bring the formula back up and is able to swallow it back down, and other times it ends in my lap and all over her! It comes without warning and is nerve racking to say the least. She stopped breathing on me for a few seconds till I could get her airway cleared.. No one was home but me, but I managed to get it cleared..
We were instructed to put rice cereal in her bottle to thicken it..she's a new baby!! last night she got me up once and went right back to sleep after the feeding. No more fussiness or gas pains!! I just cant wait for the sleep through the night..I know I'm pressing my luck!! LOL
I'm just so happy to have this precious little angel in our family! She is such a joy!

No comments: