Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Sad Day

I wanted to post something yesterday but I wanted to gather my thoughts and words so I waited until today..
Yesterday a friend of mine from Upper Rescue Squad lost his battle with Lymphoma and passed away. Doug was only 25 years old and had struggled for years to survive. He got very sick when he was younger and needed a liver transplant. He got his liver and for a few years after that he was doing well. About a year ago his liver started to give him trouble. They thought he was rejecting it. This past January he got the news that it was Lymphoma. One of the drugs that he had taken to stay alive gave him the cancer.
Through all of his trials he always had a smile on his face, always concerned more about others then of himself. Doug was witty, kind hearted and a gentlemen.
Doug developed a massive infection in his colon and slowly started the decent into organ failure. As hard as he tried he fought but this time the odds and the Lord had other plans. Doug slipped into a coma on Tuesday and passed away with his parents and best friend at his side.
I heard the news yesterday morning and was of course shocked and saddened..I took to my Bible and found a scripture that fit so perfectly what I was feeling..
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. ~ Psalm 73:26

We will miss you, though our hearts mourn your passing, they also rejoice that you are with God and without pain and suffering.. Your earthly journey has ended but your heavenly one has just begun! Until we meet again. Rest in Peace my friend.  Doug Knobb ~ May 13, 1985 ~ October 13, 2010



No comments: