Friday, November 30, 2007

Time for Remembrance

Today is 5 years to the day that my Grandmother passed away.. I so miss her but I know that she is looking down at us, smiling at her new great granddaughter and admiring her red hair! I know I will see her once again, but it's still hard to know she's not here on earth.
I know in my heart though she is where she wanted to be. She out lived all her brothers and sisters. I know she had a grand welcome when she passed, with two loves waiting for her! (My grandfather and her boyfriend Jim). I know my grandfather approved of her "dating" Jim. He was such a soft spoken man, he adored my grandmother. I know she was quite sad when he died and his family treated her like she was not a part of his life..We always loved him and accepted him. He was good for her! I'll never forget the time I stopped at her house on New Year's eve for directions. I was going to a friends house for a party and I got off on the wrong road. I opened the door and there were the two of them sitting on the couch by the TV, watching Dick Clark Rockin' New Year's Eve holding hands..They looked like teenagers! So happy..
MomMom I love you and Miss you...till we meet again!

No comments: