Sunday, November 2, 2008

THIS offends Me!!

Ok, so while I was surfing the net and found this article where a boy was sent home from school becasue he dressed up as Jesus.. http://news.aol.com/article/school-boots-boy-over-jesus-costume/235134?icid=100214839x1212525667x1200803159

What is wrong with this picture??

We can celebrate Kwanza and even Hannukkha in schools but Christians can't express their beliefs so that we dont offend other people!! What happened to free speech?? This society is now to the point where we can't even say MERRY CHRISTMAS for fear of offending someone..This really irrates me because as the way I see it we are a country of many cultures and backgrounds that have the right to express all beliefs without fear of reprocussions, then why is it that CHRISTIANS are the only ones who are told we can't in fear of offending someone?? I am a christian but I dont get offended by what others believe or say?? They have the right to believe what they want, just like me..I may not agree but I would not want them not to be able to voice their opinions or their beliefs either..

I just dont get it..Does someone have a rational explaination for this?? Please enlighten me..

No comments: