Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turning 37

November 21 was my Birthday and I turned 37. I don't feel 37, and at the same time my body sometimes feels older! LOL
I have realized over the last year that there are things I thought would be by this time in my life.. I thought I would be living in a house that we own, I thought that I would be taken care of by my husband. None of these things are a reality for me. I live in a small 850 sqft apartment which we can barely afford. My husband has been fired from yet another job and can't find steady work and I'm forced to work my butt off to provide for our family.
I am a bit resentful I'm afraid. I know I shouldn't be, I am grateful that at least one of us is working and it wouldn't be so bad if he contributed in some other way. I do admit that he does take great care of our children. He gets up every morning and gets Faith ready for school. He gets up with Emilee and cares for her needs but once I'm awake It all stops.. I cook ( becasue I love too) I clean, I work, and take care of the kids.. I juggle all my responsibilities PLUS be the head of the household which in turn makes me responsible For ALL the decisions in the family.. I feel like I don't have an equal partner and why do I need him here when I do most of it myself anyway??
Don't get me wrong I love my husband and don't want to leave. But I'm having a hard time dealing with everything that has been pushed to my side of plate..I little help would be nice..

No comments: