Monday, April 30, 2012

An Old Friend and a New One

Yesterday I took the girls up to Wheeling to see our dear friend Lucas and to meet his fiance, Kaitlyn. He was a player for the semi-pro baseball team that played in Atlantic City, NJ called the Surf. We met him at a game when my stepdaughter, Lindsey realized he was from West Virginia, just like my husband. We hit it off needless to say and Faith who was 4 at the time ADORED him!! She called him her AC boyfriend! LOL He always took extra time with her and listened to her ramblings..The AC Surf ended in 2008 and at the end of that year he was traded to another team in Mass. We would travel to North Jersey to see him play. He ended his career in 2009 because of a shoulder injury.
Fast forward to now..He is an asst. coach for the Wheeling Jesuit University where he is finishing up his degree.This is his last year and will be graduating in Aug.! He is also getting MARRIED!! I am so excited for him and his soon to be wife, Kaitlyn. I told him a few years back that God had his perfect match for him and I was so right!! She is absolutely wonderful and I am so happy for them!!

This is a picture of the happy couple with Faith and Emilee..He couldn't belive how big they got!

The happy couple!

And me with Lucas and the girls..The first time I have ever been IN a photo with him!

It was a great day to catch up and see some baseball! His team won both games 6-2 and 5-2!




No comments: