Friday, January 15, 2010

My Family Legacy

I have been researching my family tree for the Faithsisters challenge My Lifetime Story. It has been interesting to see where I really come from and sort through all the old cencus sheets thanks to Ancestory.com( which has been an invaluable tool, I am trying to learn as much as I can in the free two week trial).
I can't tell you how important it is to me to do this. Not only for me but for my Mom. She is the youngest of 12 and her parents were each married once before. My grandparents died when my Mom was a teenager so those family facts were lost. Until only recently she had a brother she had no contact with for over 40 years. My Aunt found him and they went to visit him a few times. He passed away this past Sept. and my Mom didn't even find out until 2 months later! Not a tight family you can say, the family sort of fell apart when my grandmother died.
Cherish your family, cherish your Legacy, and most importantly..Pass it on..

No comments: